Monday Weekly Post @ What I Miss the Most…

This Monday is the start of “What I Miss the Most…”.  But first I need to make some disclaimers / notes about this topic:

Monday Weekly Post about What I miss the most the wander weg judi fox
1.  I miss Family and Friends – !!{THE MOST"}!!  When we were in the US – I had a whole network of people to call / text / email.  Now I rarely talk on the phone and I feel disconnected from home.  This probably happened for several reasons: 

  • We lived in temporary housing without the internet and a landline for 6 months.  This created a gap in our communications - people couldn’t call us and we weren’t able to regularly call them.
  • The 6 hour time change.  When Isaac goes down for his morning nap it is 4:30 am in the US.  {if anyone is up – you are welcome to call us}
  • We can’t talk with family and friends on our cell phones – unless we want to go into debt.  That means it isn’t always easy to get a hold of us and even when we are home – sometimes our internet phone isn’t working. 
Hopefully over time we can re-establish our connections with loved ones back home now that we have the internet again.     
 
2.  Things that I miss are just that – things that {I} miss.  It might not be something that other people miss and it might not make any sense to someone else, but it is something that I have had to navigate my way to a solution because I miss it.

Tuesday Ill write about something I like the wander weg judi fox
3.  Over time {lots of time} I will become more comfortable with living here and I will miss less and less things from home.  And I might even discover that there are things in Germany that I will miss when we move back to the US.  Eventually, I might start posting  “Tuesday I’ll Write @ Something I like” :)

4.  I might have discovered some kind of solution for what I miss, but it doesn’t mean it is the best.  Any advice or tips are {Greatly} appreciated!  There are many ways to get to the same result and the best thing about the internet is learning from each other and finding more paths to solve similar problems.
___________________________________________________________

SOOOOO Here is the first thing that I missed….  FLOSS!
I was not expecting this AT ALL!  I had a couple extra packages in my luggage and in our shipping container, but I expected that I would eventually find a woven un-waxed floss here in Germany.

I search high and low – I went in every Rossman, DM, Apotheke – all to no avail.  I bought SIX different kinds, I asked my German friends about their floss, and then I asked to see their floss {not a typical conversation to have with a new friend}.  

The woven floss I tried here lost it’s woven-ness after 2 teeth.  Another floss I tried, had a thin beginning and one thick short blue end, which made it hard to wrap around my fingers and it still lost it’s woven-ness after just a couple teeth.  Other floss’s were thin and silky. 

The thing is…. my dentist {that I miss} recommended that I use the woven unwaxed floss because I have some space between my bottom teeth and regular silky thin floss just doesn’t work for me. 

What did I do to solve this situation?  I asked my Mother In Law to throw some floss in a letter and mail it to me.  Seriously – just the spools of floss and not even the plastic container.  It cost about $4 to ship me some spools of floss, but now I have enough to last me until we go back to the US for a visit this summer. 

Now one of my pieces of advice for anyone moving internationally is to bring enough critical toiletries / personal care items that you feel comfortable with.  Somethings I don’t mind switching like my shampoo and conditioner, but if there is a personal care item that you really don’t want to switch (just yet) make sure to put it in your luggage or shipping container when you move.

Lots of Love – Judi 

This entry was posted in ,,. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your comments are welcome and appreciated. I simply ask that you choose kindness and love to embrace your words and share respectfully and joyfully with others online. Thank you! Lots of Love!